The programme is aimed at SAMPRA members who have earned at least R3 000 in royalty payments. The bursary will cover the following courses: Higher Certificate in Audio Technology and Music Business Masterclass.
- All SAMPRA members need to participate in a telephonic interview before they can register for any of the programmes they are interested in.
- Interested members should contact Amogelang Metebe or Ian Naidoo to book an interview. Metebe and Naidoo can be contacted via email at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) and firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) or via WhatsApp on 078 602 1368.
- After the interview, students must submit an enrolment contract and the required R500 application fee (tuition fees are specific to each module and are indicated by the specific module information).
- The application fee is non-refundable and payment may be made in cash, via bank deposit, card machine or EFT. The student’s name and surname must be used as reference.
- Payments should be made to the Academy of Sound Engineering to the following bank account:
Standard Bank, Academy of Sound Engineering
Account number: 002951800
- Applicants should send a confirmation of bank transfer or bank deposit slip and fax to 086 552 8821 or email email@example.com(link sends e-mail).
- Applicants should use their student name and surname as reference when making internet transfers or bank deposits.
- International transactions should use the following swift code: SBZA ZA JJ (include the spaces).
Required documents include:
- Signed enrolment contract.
- ID photo of student.
- Certified copy of student ID.
- Certified copy of student’s passport (international students).
Preliminary acceptance and funding approval
- The Academy of Sound Engineering will provide applicants with a preliminary acceptance letter that is required to secure funding from SAMPRA (view the criteria here(link is external)).
- Once funding has been secured from SAMPRA by the applicant, the Academy of Sound Engineering will provide the applicant with a registration number.
Note: Should funding be declined, the provisional acceptance to the Academy of Engineering will be considered null and void.
SAMPRA development fund application
- Students should submit a preliminary acceptance letter to SAMPRA if they wish to apply to for the SAMPRA a bursary.
- The letter should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).
- Students will receive an acknowledgement letter with a registration number and confirmation of the programme(s) for which they have applied. This number will become their student ID on enrolment.
- International students will need to supply SAMPRA with a study visa.
Applications are done here(link is external).
“We have a wide range of modules available and the aim of this handbook is to provide prospective students with all the relevant information,” SAMPRA said. “This includes details related to the cost of each module, the time frame, the necessary prerequisites, as well as information regarding the registration procedure. We are also pleased to announce that the credits earned upon completion of each module can be used to count towards one of our registered full-time qualifications.”
Download the SAMPRA hybrid learning brochure for detailed information about the courses below (PDF).
View the original call here(link is external).